Interaction International is gearing up to help respond to the global issues with COVID-19. We are pleased to roll out 4 great online opportunities you might want to leverage for the TCKs in your life.
We hosting live video conferencing for TCKs/ATCKs of different ages. It’s an opportunity for them to connect, share stories about being a TCK, and also talk about how the circumstances are impacting them. While very informal, Interaction International team members are moderating the conversations and break the calls into smaller break out rooms as the groups grow larger or different conversations are needed. TCKs can come and go as they like. This is run on our Zoom platform.
These events are open to TCKs from all organizations. If you are a TCK caregiver would like to use our ZOOM platform and join us with your kids, let us know. Or we can talk you through what we’ve been doing so you can do it on your own.
Upcoming TCK Connects: Email us to request private link
- Age 17-25: Wednesday, March 25 1pm – 2:30 PM EDT
- Age 12-18: Thursday, March 26 11am -12:30 PM EDT
- 23 plus: Friday, March 27th 4:30pm -6 PM EDT
- Age 17-25: Tuesday, March 31 4:00-5:30 PM EDT
- Age 12-18: Wednesday, April 1 8:00 – 9:30 AM EDT
A live interview streamed on our Facebook page with some experts on TCK care. We will discuss tools, tips, and resources that they recommend in these uncertain times. The last half of each TCK Live we will be taking questions submitted by the live audience on Facebook or zoom comments. https://vimeo.com/401483918
- Friday, March 27 at 2 PM EDT Debbie Hewitt (Watch recording on vimeo)
- Wednesday, April 1 at 4 PM EDT Tim Sanford (Zoom link)
- Thursday, April 2 at 4 PM EDT Lois Bushong (Zoom link)
Among Worlds – March Issue available now
The theme for the March issue is Kintsugi- the Japanese art of repairing the broken. This is our digital magazine for TCKs by TCKs. While some pages are available for free, there is a bulk rate available at $2.99/issue for 5 or more.
MK Caregivers Training- Online
A four part online training with two additional individual coaching sessions. Helpful for those new to MK care in their organization or simply wanting help re-evaluating their flow of care. Here’s an outline of when and what will be covered:
- Wednesday, April 29th: 10am to noon EDT – TCK Definitions/Profiles/Foundations
- Wednesday, May 6th: 10am to noon EDT – Flow of Care and Developing your Plan
- Wednesday, May 13: 10am to noon EDT – Transition Model and Effective Caregiving
- Coaching Session 1 (scheduled individually)
- Wednesday, May 20th: 10am to noon EDT – Educational Issues and Empowering your Organization
- Coaching Session 2 (scheduled individually)
Register online here